Flagstaff Lodging, Restaurant, & Tourism Association
Our mission is to be the premier business association in Flagstaff adding value for members, enhancing the Region’s quality of life, and sustaining the success of the Tourism industry and other businesses.
The Flagstaff Lodging, Restaurant & Tourism Association, (FLRTA) originated as the Flagstaff Innkeepers over 25 years ago and then Flagstaff Lodging & Restaurant Association.
During the 15th year, the Restaurant community approached the Flagstaff Inn Keepers Association and petitioned for the current name, understanding that restaurants also benefit from and are a function of Flagstaff’s Tourism Industry.
The Flagstaff Lodging, Restaurant & Tourism Association has impacted public policy issues that affect hotels, restaurants and tourism destinations in our community over the years to include:
- Leading the Proposition 418 campaign to control the minimum wage in support of our city
- Advocate against the addition of new Uranium mining sites on Grand Canyon National Forest property that would impact tourism
- Advocacy for continued maintenance of 1-17, the key artery connecting visitors from Phoenix and the Valley to Northern Arizona
- Advocacy for increased use of BBB Tax dollars for marketing Northern Arizona intercontinental and internationally, to continue bringing visitors to our community
- Advocacy for the Film Tax Credit Bill that seeks to make Arizona a destination location for movie making in communities like Flagstaff
- Advocacy opposing federal legislation that would prevent state and local governments from collecting room taxes from online third parties when hotel rooms are booked through their websites.
- FLRTA believes that these taxes should be collected to support our local and state government operations.
- Advocacy supporting increased commercial air service at the Flagstaff Pulliam Airport so that residents, students, and visitors can better connect to the region and Flagstaff via a seamless travel option.
Currently, the Flagstaff Lodging, Restaurant & Tourism Association has embarked on a period of growth, continuing legislative advocacy, establishing quarterly niche networking events and maximizing exposure for its members in Northern Arizona.
In order to achieve success during this period of growth, we need your partnership. Thanks for your support and interest!